Since internet is primary tool tool for delivery of information, businesses of all sizes are moving towards the internet and using internet marketing. Internet marketing is relatively new but rapidly expanding tool and aspect of marketing strategy. It presents the companies with endless number of constantly evolving marketing tools and helps them to get the message out there, create customer loyalty and build relationship with customers. Furthermore, the benefits could also be reducing cost for advertising, increased brand awareness, improvement of customer service, increased revenue, better way of communication with customers and competitive advantage can be achieved.
Business marketing using online media is known as e-marketing, while on the other spectrum, if there is financial transaction involved with the electronic process using internet technologies is e-commerce.
Photo source: Internet marketing
Common areas within an internet marketing include affiliate marketing, display advertising, email marketing, search engine optimization SEO and viral marketing. Social media and blogs are also widely used to promote the business on internet and create brand awareness.Photo source: social media
Every business can take advantage of internet marketing, non depending on the size or location. I have recently came across very interesting article on internet, called 8 Fortune 500 marketing techniques for small business. It explains techniques for successful internet marketing strategy which can be used by everyone. Here is also some statistics about internet marketing:
- 78% of Internet users conduct product research online.
- 78% of business people use their mobile device to check email.
- 40% of US smartphone owners compare prices on their mobile device while in-store, shopping for an item.
- 91% of email users have unsubscribed from a company email they previously opted-in to.
- 84% of 25-34 year-olds have left a favorite website because of intrusive or irrelevant advertising.
- 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog.
- 67% of B2B companies and 41% of B2C companies have acquired a customer through Facebook.
- The number of marketers who say Facebook is “critical” or “important” to their business has increased 83% in just 2 years.
- Companies that blog get 55% more web traffic.